Tenet Healthcare Sterile Processing Tech. 40hrs. Days. EOW/EOH in Worcester, Massachusetts
Sterile Processing Tech. 40hrs. Days. EOW/EOH - 2105020471
Under general supervision of the SPD Supervisor and/or Lead Tech, is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of instrumentation and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices and guidelines. Willingness to accept new ideas, work under stressful conditions and ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, equipment, treatment trays, or other items using sterilization method according to manufacturer guidelines. Adheres to prescribed procedures for sterility control; electronically records contents of each sterilizer load; regulates proper time and temperature; labels sterilized items according to prescribed procedures.
2. Disassembles and reassembles equipment and machinery. Checks instruments and equipment to ensure proper working condition; notifies supervisor/lead tech of equipment/instruments in need of repair or replacement. Tests sterilizing equipment, electronically records results, and notifies appropriate personnel of malfunctions or need for repairs/ maintenance.
3. Maintains a par level of all instruments and equipment in designated user areas, rewraps, sterilizes and restocks outdated items.
4. Maintains all records electronically pertinent to the sterile processing area. Performs other related duties, such as maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a High School Diploma.
2. Certification Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
3. Basic Computer Skills
4. Six months to a year experience working in Sterile Processing.
Job : Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location : MA-Worcester
Hospital/Facility : Saint Vincent Hospital
Job Type: : PT1
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105020471