Tenet Healthcare Respiratory Therapist. Per-Diem. Rotating Shifts. in Worcester, Massachusetts
Completes established competencies for the position within designated orientation period.
Ability to work in a critical care setting to provide care to acutely ill patients in a sub-300 bed city hospital. Works to improve the health and well-being of others, while working under supervision of a physician to provide respiratory care modalities. Therapist will work in a dynamic milieu, and will require adaptability to work in the ICU, ER, Labor and Delivery / Nursery, and be able to respond to in-patient emergencies.
Interview and examine patients with breathing or cardiopulmonary disorders
Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans
Treat patients by using a variety of methods, including chest physiotherapy and aerosol medications
Monitor and record patients’ progress to therapeutic interventions
Teach patients how to take medications, use equipment, and empower the patient to improve one’s health and wellbeing
· Ability to work with neonates and provide neonatal resuscitation when needed.
· Ability to work with mechanically ventilated patients, trach patients, and mostly adult patients.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask, good time management skills.
· Good interpersonal communication skills between colleagues, patients, and families.
· Ability to work as a team in a team-focused based setting.
· Ability to have necessary critical thinking /troubleshooting skills required for acute care and critically-ill patients
· Ability to tolerate going up and down flights of stairs, extended time on one’s feet, dexterity.
· Good organizational and memory skills to ensure accurate documentation and record keeping entry
· Ability to work with various electronic medical records – computer and typing skills preferred
· Ability to tolerate blood and draw arterial blood gasses
· Shows initiative towards patient care and education
Professional integrity and honesty
Required: graduate of an AMA / NBRC accredited respiratory care program. A.S. in respiratory care minimum.
Required: RCP or equivalent Massachusetts State licensure; CRT, BLS, and NRP
If employee does not currently have an NRP certificate, employee will be required to complete NRP certification within 3 months of employment.
Preferred: RRT, if RT does not have RRT credentials, applicant will be required to take board exam to become RRT certified within 6 months. PALS and ACLS are optional; candidates given extra preference.
JOB: Respiratory Therapy / Respiratory Therapist
PRIMARY LOCATION: Worcester, Massachusetts
FACILITY: Saint Vincent Hospital
Job: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Organization: Saint Vincent Hospital
Title: Respiratory Therapist. Per-Diem. Rotating Shifts.
Requisition ID: 2005035364