Tenet Healthcare Respiratory Therapist. 24hrs/Nights 7p-7a EOW/EOH. $3K Sign-On Bonus! in Worcester, Massachusetts
Respiratory Therapist. 24hrs/Nights 7p-7a EOW/EOH. $3K Sign-On Bonus! - 2105006621
Saint Vincent Hospital has been dedicated to providing quality health care to the central Massachusetts area for more than 125 years. We offer a whole new experience in healthcare by combining our advanced, state-of-the-art facility with our commitment to providing the best quality of life to the many members of our Worcester community.
From our advanced heart and vascular services to our comprehensive orthopedics and rehabilitation programs, our robust surgical facility including our da Vinci robotic surgery and CyberKnife technology to our comfortable and compassionate women & infants programs - you don't have to travel far for high-quality health care.
We offer a market-competitive and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) savings plan, income replacement, medical, vision, dental, life insurance after the 31st day of employment, paid time off program, online educational program and employee stock purchase plan.
Respiratory Therapists are assigned to work in our critical care setting and provide care to acutely ill patients in a sub-300 bed city hospital. Incumbents strive to improve the health and well-being of others, while working under supervision of a physician to provide respiratory care modalities. Therapists will work in a dynamic environment requiring adaptability to work in the ICU, ER, Labor and Delivery / Nursery, and be able to respond to in-patient emergencies. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Interview and examine patients with breathing or cardiopulmonary disorders
• Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans
• Provide patient care by using a variety of methods, including chest physiotherapy and aerosol medications, IPEP therapy, deep breath and cough techniques.
• Monitor and record patients’ progress to therapeutic interventions
• Teach patients how to take medications, use equipment, and empower the patient to improve one’s health and wellbeing
• Graduate of an AMA / NBRC accredited respiratory care program. A.S. in respiratory care required.
Certifications & Licensure:
• RCP or equivalent Massachusetts State licensure; CRT, BLS, and NRP required. Candidates who do not possess a NRP certificate, employee will be required to obtain NRP certification within three (3) months of hire.
• RRT required or within six (6) months of hire.
• PALS and ACLS preferred.
Minimum Work Experience:
• 1-2 years clinical preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work with neonates and provide neonatal resuscitation, NIPPV, CPAP, support intubation and administration of surfactant.
• Demonstrated ability to work with mechanically ventilated patients, patients requiring BIPAP & CPAP, and trach patients. Assist with bedside Bronchoscopies.
POSITION TITLE: Respiratory Therapy
PRIMARY LOCATION: Worcester, Massachusetts
FACILITY: Saint Vincent Hospital
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
DIFFERENTIALS: Night differential - $4.00 per hour/ Weekend Differential – additional $2.00 per hour
Please note, salaries and benefits are determined by the provisions of the respective bargaining agreement between Saint Vincent Hospital, Teamsters Union Local 170.
Job : Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location : MA-Worcester
Hospital/Facility : Saint Vincent Hospital
Job Type: : PT1
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105006621