Tenet Healthcare Clinical Coordinator for the Employee Heath Office. 40hrs. Days. in Worcester, Massachusetts
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Human Resources, has administrative authority, responsiblity, and accountability for the delivery and quality of all employee health services. Is responsible for the development and implementation of all systems related to daily operations. Develops policies, procedures, and budgets for the Employee Health Department in conjunction with the VP, HR. Promotes maintenance of beneficial health habits and wellness amongst employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, coordinates, and assesses needs of the employee health occupational safety program in consultation with the employee health MD's and other health specialists in order to meet the Hospital's employee health goals and objectives.
A. Ensures all programs and services meet OSHA guidelines.
B. Assesses program needs in consultation with specialists in areas of safety, infection control, medicine, and others when appropriate.
C.Implements new programs and/or changes. Develops and manages EH nursing programs that are consistent with
EH mission, goals, and objectives.
D. Determines nursing and secretarial staff and participates in the selection process in collaboration with the VP, HR.
Determines minimum qualifications for various positions.
E. Justifies and reviews budgets with VP, HR.
- Is responsible for the overall management and flow of patients. Demonstrates keen clinical diagnostic nursing judgement and understanding of concepts of occupational health, infection control, and workplace hazards.
A. Triages all injuries and handles all communication externally with insurance representatives and internally with employees and employers.
B. Directs new injuries to ED or Access Clinic or Corporate Health. Handles all communications with employees and department supervisors regarding return to work status and follow up with each EH visit.
C. Demonstrates clinical expertise in all occupational health practices, pre-employment testing, screening, vaccine administration, and advice/counseling.
D. Is knowledgeable regarding OSHA, DPH standards, and EH policies and standards.
- Under the direction of the EH medical physicians, performs diversified duties relating to the establishment, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of the critical exposure program with an emphasis on educating employees and reducing critical exposures.
A. Reviews all employee critical exposures and investigates sources for risk factors, interviews employees, and provides counseling for life threatening infections.
B. Performs surveillance for hepatitis, HIV, TB, measles, mumps, rubella, and pertusis.
C. Follows up with employees for serial testing.
D. Reviews and discusses critical exposures as indicated by protocol with EH medical physicians.
E. Orders and administers appropriate meds for specific exposures under direction of EH medical physicians.
F. Attends employee orientation program to educate new employees on critical exposure principles, practices, and
- Under the direction of the EH medical physicians, is responsible for obtaining and reviewing clinical information of tx and proposed tx plan for work-related injuries of Hospital employees.
A. Demonstrates the ability to appropriately identify and prioritize referrals and/or emergency situations and follow appropriate protocol.
B. Demonstrates an awareness of the importance of maintaining positive customer relations with internal clients.
C. Is responsible for the development of all tracking and recordkeeping systems for case management.
D. Handles all prior authorization for rehabilitation services and diagnostic testing.
E. Communicates with Human Resources on return to work status and follow-up information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to creating an environment that supports the unique continuous clinical and professional development of staff.
A. Assists staff in assessing learning needs through periodic goal setting conferences.
B. Participates in formal and informal educational programs, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in nursing. Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a registered nurse.
Two to three years of occupational/employee health nursing experience.
Organization: Saint Vincent Hospital
Title: Clinical Coordinator for the Employee Heath Office. 40hrs. Days.
Requisition ID: 2005020679