Beth Israel Lahey Health Telehealth Medical Assistant in Woburn, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
This position will monitor and evaluate telemonitoring programs. This role will coordinate services for patients receiving tele-monitoring, which includes identifying patient appropriateness and monitoring of patients’ daily vital signs, monitoring results and follow up. Will work with clinicians, managers and physicians to ensure quality care and desired outcomes. Reports client data to MDs and clinical managers, and prepares reports for analytical purposes. Other duties may be assigned as the program evolves.
Work shift: Saturday/Sunday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Holiday availability required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Through relationship development and care team coordination, contributes to the Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home patient, practice and organizational goals
• Be a resource for staff and patients who are on the telemonitoring system.
• Review telemonitoring data on a daily basis and as needed. Work in conjunction with Telemonitoring nurses. Communicate to MD and staff per patient and/or agency protocols and for changes in patient status
• Maintain statistics and data on patient telemonitoring outcomes utilizing vendor software reporting program.
• Evaluate the need for adequate equipment inventory to meet patient needs.
• Maintain documentation in clinical record for telemonitoring patients to show appropriate
• Communicates with the Telemonitoring nurse and/or patient’s provider (MD, PA, NP, etc) regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition
• Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
• Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per plan of care.
• Communicates with other disciplines on the care team and community providers to coordinate the care plan (i.e. Insurance case managers, high risk case managers, elder services, protective service, etc).
• Practices confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA guidelines.
• Education to external customers for appropriate referrals as the need arises.
• Completes documentation in accordance with agency timeliness policies.
• Adheres to departmental requirements for required training.
• Identifies specific learning needs and goals and collaborates with leadership in developing a plan to meet them.
• Participates in the weekend/holiday/vacation coverage as defined by Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home.
• Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
• Maintain strict adherence to the Continuing Care Confidentiality policy.
• Incorporate Continuing Care Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
• Comply with all Continuing Care Policies.
• Comply with behavioral expectations of the Continuing Care Division.
• Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
• High School diploma or GED required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
• Licensed Medical Assistant Certificate
• Minimum 1 year work related experience required.
• Cardiac and pulmonary care experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Communication and documentation skills.
• Computer skills and ability to learn programs.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Customer service skills.
• Teaching skills.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs