Lahey Health Nurse Coordinator, Breast Center - 40 Hours in Woburn, Massachusetts
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
Job Title: Nurse Supervisor/Coordinator
Provides expert care to adult outpatients regarding breast health/disease
Collaborates with physicians and staff regarding the assessment, evaluation and plan of care and education to patients
Supervises team of breast care registered nurses and medical assistants
Creates a healthy balance of both a clinical and administrative focus by having a dual role of supervising as well as utilizing clinical skills. 80% of this role services as a RN while the other 20% is directed as an administrative function.
Becomes active member of the Breast Care Center Medical Advisory Committee and provides vital information as the Nurse Coordinator regarding the compliance of appropriate clinical protocols.
Develops education initiatives regarding breast health information and actively participates in community health fairs
BSN or MSN from a state approved and/or accredited RN program
Active RN license in the state of Massachusetts
At least 3 years clinical experience. Knowledge of basic safety, infection control and quality performance standards required.
Preferred - Clinical experience relevant to patient population.
Relevant work experience and/or certification as a "Nurse Navigator" or interest in pursuing requirements. Work experience may include clinical practice, nursing administration, education, research or consultation.
Supervisory experience in an adult patient population as well as strong communication skills with physician specialists - such as surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists and/or radiologists.
Active membership in a professional nursing organization(s) including certification as a CBCN (Certified Breast Care Nurse) with ONCC (Oncology Nursing Certification Corp) or interest in pursuing certification and attaining eligibility requirements for initial certification.
40 Hours Weekly
Beth Israel Lahey Health is d edicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs