Lahey Health Environmental Svcs Assoc II in Winchester, Massachusetts
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by cleaning non-inpatient areas and completing environmental related projects throughout the hospital. This staff position will have an impact on patient and family members’ satisfaction as the cleanliness of the hospital directly impacts people’s perception of the organization and thoroughly cleaning surfaces is a key step toward infection control and prevention.
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Required: Experience in a position that demonstrated strong customer service skills
Preferred: Experience operating cleaning equipment.
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to effectively communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements : Area assignment and schedule may vary based on department needs. Holidays and weekend rotations required.
Travel requirements: As needed for off site locations.
Other: Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
· Reporting relationship depends on the location and shift:
o Off site locations report to the off site Supervisor of Environmental Services
o Evening shift and night shift employees report to evening shift Environmental Services Supervisor
o Day shift employees report to the day shift Environmental Services supervisor.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of Guest Services/Environmental Services team, this position:
· Cleans all areas of the hospital, which includes but is not limited to patient rooms, medication and storage areas, hallways and staff areas, waiting areas, utility rooms and restrooms.
o Introduces oneself when appropriate with customer groups. Represents the hospital professionally by wearing a visible name tag and neat uniform. Is respectful of the patient’s privacy and personal items.
· Initiates the seven step cleaning process when cleaning a patient room, which includes trash/recycling, high dusting, damp wiping, cleaning restrooms, dust mopping, damp mopping, bed making and final room inspection
· Completes more thorough cleaning of hard surfaces including burnishing and buffing, stripping and waxing floors, scrubbing and recoating floors
· Completes more thorough cleaning of carpet and upholstering including carpet cleaning and extraction.
· Set up and break down of conference room and other events, including set up of audio visual needs.
· Communicates with the Service Response Center on a regular basis to accept and close out tasks
· Remove curtains, launder and rehang as needed
· Operate and empty cardboard baler
· Completes more detailed dusting and vent cleaning
· Addresses pest control needs, when applicable
· Strips rooms of hazards for patient watches
· Monitors and replaces regulated medical waste (red bags / sharps) in patient areas using infectious control procedures.
· Assists in emergency situations throughout hospital following department specific requirements
· Maintains a clutter-free environment
· Cleans elevators and tracks
· Restocks paper products, trash bags and soap supplies throughout patient and public areas
· Moves and empties shredding bins/bags
· Cleans and disinfects portable medical equipment and carts.
· Attends staff meetings and huddles, offering suggestions and contributing to the collaborative team approach.
The employee needs to have the physical and mental abilities to perform the duties of the position listed above using the PROMISE behaviors.
It is anticipated that employee will have contact with potentially hazardous chemicals while performing their job duties.
It is anticipated that the employee will have contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials while performing their job duties this includes sharps and regulated medical waste which may include hazardous spill clean up, blood and bodily fluids.
The list below is intended to describe the physical and sensory ability requirements of the position; however those requirements may vary, sometimes considerably, based on meeting patient and operational needs.
Manipulating and/or grasping small objects
Hear or Listen
Beth Israel Lahey Health is d edicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs