Beth Israel Lahey Health Emergency Dept. Technician - 12 hr Days in Winchester, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
As part of the Emergency Department/Walk-in Urgent Care team, this position:
• Provides quality and safe patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
• Introduces oneself, welcomes and orients patients, family members and significant others and instructs the patient on the call light and ensures it is within reach.
• Meets ambulance to expedite patient care.
• Contributes to meeting the patient’s physical, emotional, cultural, and spiritual needs.
• Observes patients and reports findings and/or concerns to nurse in a timely manner
• Demonstrates purposeful rounding and promptly responds to call lights to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
• Responds urgently to patients in crisis and performs CPR
• Under the direction of a registered nurse, and in accordance with hospital quality and safety procedures performs required tasks in which they have been verified as competent by Nursing Staff Development and/or the Manager:
• Performing EKG tests within the expected benchmark time frame
• Stocks supplies and emergent equipment at the bedside and on the unit, addressing inventory issues in a timely manner
• Admitting patients on cardiac monitor and discharge from monitor
• Applies supplemental oxygen under the direction of the RN/Provider.
• Cleans wounds of debris and applies topical ointment
• Applies ace wraps, other splints, and immobilizers and sterile dressings
• Assisting with activities of daily living
• Repositioning and ambulating patients
• Making an occupied and unoccupied bed
• Disinfecting equipments and stretchers between patients
• Assisting in transporting patients, beds, supplies and equipment
• Verifying patient identification using two identifiers, collecting, labeling at the bedside and transporting specimens
• Retrieving and signing out blood products
• Accurately performing point of care testing
• Obtaining vital signs and weights and promptly communicates to nurse
• Maintaining accurate intake and output measurements
• Utilizing sterile technique, inserts and removes foley catheters
• Removing saline locks
• Setting up/breaking down room ensuring a clean and neat environment after each patient.
• Assisting in post-mortem care in a respectful manner
• Documenting accurately, legibly and timely
• Certified Nursing Assistant, nursing student with completion of one medical-surgical clinical rotation or one year clinical care experience or equivalent education, one year clinical care experience, EMT or emergency room clinical experience
• High school diploma/equivalent strongly preferred
• Emergency patient care experience
• EKG experience
• Phlebotomy experience
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs