AMETEK, Inc. Environmental, Health & Safety Manager in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Job ID: 18810
Functional Area: Environmental/Health/Safety
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Division: AHV - Aerospace & Defense
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 40.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
AMETEK’s Aerospace & Power Group of businesses is looking for a strong Manager of Environmental, Health & Safety to join the management team. This individual will be responsible for planning and managing the environmental health and safety programs which requires application of engineering principles and technology. The Manager will analyze and control conditions to minimize environmental, health and safety risks within the domestic and international facilities, and to ensure compliance.
This position reports to the Aerospace & Power operating group President with a dotted line to
the Corporate Vice President of Environment, Health & Safety.
AMETEK is a $4.5B global leader in the manufacturing of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices. Our mission is to solve our customers’ most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. We employ more than 16,500 people across 30 countries.
• Develop and implement programs and policies to ensure on-going facility compliance with applicable EHS regulatory requirements.
• Lead and participate in Corporate EHS facility audits and perform follow-up actions to ensure closure of any issues
• Survey, compile, and analyze data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, and ergonomics
• Review capital projects to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local requirements
• Assist in the management of loss prevention/property insurance recommendations
• Support ESG tracking and improvement initiatives
• Assist, compile, and/or maintain required environmental reports for the businesses
• Ensure environmental permits are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
• Provide technical EHS guidance to all business site EHS representatives
• Assist facility staff to conduct facility accident investigations as needed
• Maintain working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations
• Develop and facilitate EHS training for employees on issues related to health and safety
Travel: up to 40% (Domestic and International)
Direct reports: none
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Environmental Health, Engineering or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong knowledge in OSHA, EPA, and DOT guidelines and regulations
• Experience with international regulations a plus
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem - solving abilities
• Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
While performing the duties of this job in manufacturing/work areas, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; hazardous chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration; close proximity with wildlife; and contact with insects and foliage. The noise level in the work environment is may occasionally be excessive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.