The Mentor Network Licensed Practical Nurse Traveling MA in Weymouth, Massachusetts
Licensed Practical Nurse Traveling MA Primary Location: United States-MA-MAWeymouth Function: Clinical NeuroRestorative Massachusetts
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Full time position, Rotate 36 hours one week/48 hours the next week, 12 hourdays 7am-7pm
Bring your Nursing experience to our growing,mission-driven organization!
Come join our amazing team of Licensed Practical Nurses supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providingprescribed medical treatment and personal services under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Specialty Rehabilitation and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges with high staff-to-patient ratios.
As a LPN with NeuroRestorative, you will have high-impact, providing nursing services, training and supports to address the medical and psychiatric needs of individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and other catastrophic injuries.Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve.Our LPNs travel between multiple locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role.
Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan.
Follow-up on all physician orders
Monitor and ensure follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
Monitor and record medications in a timely manner
Act as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Administer medication as required
Provide training to staff members, and oversee and monitor medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
Conduct quality assurance checks on health care records.
Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
Actively attend and participate in team meetings as required
Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment.
- Administer, track, and maintain log for staff members’ and individuals’ testing.
- Provide training for individuals receiving services in topics including, but not limited to self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention and smoking cessation.
- May be required to coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation; transport individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities, appointments.
Travel between multiple locations during work hours
Provide support and is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
Participate in on-call system as needed.
Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
- Perform other related duties and activities as required