Baystate Health Radiologic Technologist; X-Ray and CT, Will train in CT in Westfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Noble is Hiring a certified X-Ray Technologist and will cross train into a CT Technologist role. Any X-Ray Tech with at least 1 year of experience, will earn a $5,000 Sign On/ Stay On Bonus!
Abundance of training, including the full CT Tech training
Career development, CEU allowance and Loan reimbursement
Comprehensive benefits package with low cost medical/dental
Robust paid time off
Baystate takes the safety of employees and patients very seriously and is adhering to all PPE and safety guidelines for Covid-19.
Baystate offers a supportive work environment, which allows the care team to provide optimal patient care
Baystate Noble Hospital (Baystate Noble) is a 85-bed acute care community hospital helping people in the Greater Westfield community and offers direct access to world-class technology, diagnostics, and specialists.
More than 300 On-staff physicians
More than 450 total employees
2,600 yearly inpatient admissions
More than 28,000 yearly Emergency Department visits
The teams at Noble hospital passionately work to ensure that the Westfield communities have access to exceptional healthcare, close to home. The skilled and compassionate nurses and medical support staff offer an ideal combination of “high tech” and “high touch,” complementing an outstanding team of doctors. The newly-renovated Fowler Unit provides behavioral health services such as suicide screening and assessments.
This position is 24 hours and 2nd shift
X-Ray and CT Technologist Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of a certified CT technologist, in conjunction with a Radiologist, and according to established policies and procedures, operates CT equipment as required, to obtain diagnostic images according to Radiologist specifications.
Job Requirements :
1) Learn sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of CT Scan equipment.
2) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, perform CT exams as per protocol on a variety of different body parts in a timely manner.
3) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, complete appropriate history forms, technologist exam sheet and check labs when necessary.
4) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, properly identifies patient information using two patient identifiers and complies to the National Patient Safety Goals standards, ARRT Code of Ethics Standards, and embodies the Cultural Compass. Performs procedure as outlined in the job description and practices the ALARA principle at all times.
5) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, performs accurate and high quality exams by using the ALARA principle to assure proper technique, positioning and visualization of the appropriate anatomy requested.
6) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, responsible for accurately inputting data, demographics and information into computer information systems, e.g., RIS, Synapse, Radnet and verifies timely transfer of images to the PACS system..
7) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, reviews authorization /requisition and other companion paperwork to verify type of examination to be performed, to be alert for contra-indicators and suspected pathologies with 90-95% accuracy. Ensures proper imaging/treatment procedures by checking with nursing personnel, physicians and/or radiologists whenever questionable exams are ordered.
8) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, explains nature of procedure completely and in laymen terms, in order to allay apprehension and elicit cooperation. Validates that patient understands procedure by questioning or other means.
9) Learns the ability to start I.V.s independently and administer contrast media with power injector.
10) Under the direct supervision of a certified CT technologist, performs quality checks on equipment in accordance with departmental procedures and and takes appropriate action to expedite necessary service or repair.
Required Work Experience :
1) Satisfactory completion of a formal radiologic technology program in an AMA approved school preferred.
2 ) Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
3 ) Must obtain CT license within one year of completion of training.
Preferred Work Experience :
1) Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Skills and Competencies :
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Radiography - American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, Radiologic Technologist - State of Massachusetts, Radiology Technician-CT - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs