Actalent Lab Technician in Westborough, Massachusetts
If you have a Degree in the Sciences you will be able to get amazing PCR experience working for the leading diagnostics testing company in the USA.
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
• Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
• Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
• Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
• Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
• Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
• Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
• Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
• Assist with processing of specimens when needed
• Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
testing, Biology, Data entry, Specimen processing, Sample, Laboratory, Life science, Sample prep
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline
• 0 to 2 years of relevant lab experience
• Strong understanding of molecular genetics and general chemistry
• Previous molecular biology lab experience highly preferred
• Previous experience working in a clinical diagnostics lab a plus
• Excellent attention to detail with an understanding of laboratory practices
10 for 4 x 10-hr shifts 7a-5:30p (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun or Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon), to include 2 Specimen Processors
2 specimen processor and 8 lab techs
Really don’t care what schedule
1 Spec Proc, 4 Techs for these openings:
5 total Sun-Thurs, 1st shift 7a-3:30p
- 4 in a lab and 1 accessioning/processing .
5 for Sun-Thurs, 2nd shift 3p-11:30p
- 4 in lab
5 for Tues-Sat, 1st shift 7a-3:30p
4am in lab
5 for Tues-Sat, 2nd shift 3p-11:30p
10% for second shift 15% shift differential…
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs