Vinfen Relief Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in West Newton, Massachusetts
As a Relief Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.), you can either assist in daily routine or episodic daily nursing aide care on a per diem basis. Your work will be in a clinically intensive program that is tailored to meet the needs of a unique specialized population who have brain injuries, intellectual and developmental disabilities and complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
C.N.A. duties include administering medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) guidelines, assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities, and helping the program to meet the highest quality standards. You will employ rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training to help individuals served overcome barriers and to live more independently.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: CNA, C.N.A., Certified Nurse Assitstant, Medical, nursing, community based, home care, healthcare, reliefmedicial
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current C.N.A. certificate valid in Massachusetts.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment, Safety Care certified within 90 days of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, and national fingerprinting background check.
Per diem; hours may vary
City: West Newton
Region: Greater Boston Area
Pay Rate: $14.04 / hour
Standard Hours per Week: 01
Driving & Vehicle Requirements: License check required; vehicle access preferred