Vinfen Per Diem Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in West Newton, Massachusetts
As a Per Diem Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) you will participate in the comprehensive assessment of physical health of the people Vinfen serves on a per diem basis. Your work will be in a clinically intensive program that is tailored to meet the needs of an adult population who have brain injuries, intellectual and developmental disabilities in addition to complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Per Diem LPN duties include providing nursing care, administering medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) guidelines, and assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities. You will employ rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training, to help individuals served overcome barriers and to live more independently.
Additionally, the Per Diem LPN will communicate any change in status to appropriate individuals, perform individual assessments with any change of status, and provide skilled nursing interventions as indicated.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Flexibility to work around YOUR availability with the ability to pick up from just a few hours to over 40 hours per week
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, 3rd or overnight shifts
- Both individual shifts and long term assignments available
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and MAP
- Ability to participate Vinfen's employee referral program which awards $500 - $2,000 bonuses for successful referrals with no annual cap
- Earn up to 5 days of paid sick time in a calendar year
- Eligibility to participate in Springfield College grant program for continued education
- Discounted YMCA memberships and access to wellness programs
- Other generous benefits and perks
Founded in 1977, for over 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
Keywords: LPN, L.P.N., Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical, community based, home care, healthcare, reliefmedical
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field is preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- Current L.P.N. license valid in Massachusetts.
- Experience working with people with brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment, Safety Care certified within 90 days of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, and national fingerprinting background check.
Per diem; hours may vary
POSITION TYPE: Part Time Relief - Per Diem
Pay Rate: $24.15 / hour
City: West Newton