Vinfen Per Diem Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) in West Newton, Massachusetts
As a Per Diem Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), you can either assist in daily routine or episodic daily nursing aide care on a per diem basis. Your work will be in a clinically intensive program that is tailored to meet the needs of a unique specialized population who have brain injuries, intellectual and developmental disabilities and complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Per Diem Certified Home Health Aide duties include administering medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) guidelines, assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities, and helping the program to meet the highest quality standards. You will employ rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training to help individuals served overcome barriers and to live more independently.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Flexibility to work around YOUR availability with the ability to pick up from just a few hours to over 40 hours per week
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, 3rd or overnight shifts
- Both individual shifts and long term assignments available
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and MAP
- Ability to participate Vinfen's employee referral program which awards $500 - $2,000 bonuses for successful referrals with no annual cap
- Earn up to 5 days of paid sick time in a calendar year
- Eligibility to participate in Springfield College grant program for continued education
- Discounted YMCA memberships and access to wellness programs
- Other generous benefits and perks
Founded in 1977, for over 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HHA, CNA, C.N.A., Certified Nurse Assitstant, Medical, nursing, community based, home care, healthcare, reliefmedicial
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current C.N.A. certificate or H.H.A. Certificate valid in Massachusetts
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, national fingerprinting, CNA or HHA certification and driving record check.
Per diem, hours vary
POSITION TYPE: Part Time Relief - Per Diem
Pay Rate: $14.04 / hour
City: West Newton