Steward Health Care System Supervisor Admitting Full Time Days and Evenings in Taunton, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
*Supervisor Admitting 40hrs/Days & Evenings
Supplies direct supervision of the Patient Registration Department. Assists Director in departmental operations in regards to staffing ratios, interdepartmental coordination, patient flow and staff management. Primary responsibility is to direct and support the registration needs of the department.
· Interviews applicants and recommends the hiring of new employees in conjunction with the Director, as required.
· Assists in the orientation and skill development of new staff members, as required.
· Responsible for the scheduling and assignment of duties providing adequate staffing for the department as well as minimizing overtime.
· Responds to staffing gaps in registration areas by filling in when necessary.
· Demonstrates good managerial judgment by conducting all aspects of supervision in a fair, firm, consistent and objective manner.
· Confers with Director on any disciplinary situations; keeps good documentation on all aspects of attendance, coaching sessions and disciplinary meetings.
· Consistently counsels staff members if indicated.
· Demonstrates an active and positive role in evaluating staff performance utilizes evaluations as an effective management tool; completes evaluations in a timely manner; and understands that evaluations form an objective basis for counseling staff to higher levels of performance.
· Prepares yearly tutorials for staff and schedules staff for mandatory in-services
· Is available to answer staff questions regarding registration issues.
· Regularly reviews registration errors.
· Encourages staff to complete all registrations accurately and timely.
· Meets with staff as needed.
· Determines the equipment needs of the department.
· Sees to the maintenance and repair of equipment.
· Ensures that all equipment is functioning and workflow is maintained properly.
· Responsible for testing and training of all Meditech upgrades and any new software education.
· Acts as trainer for registration staff that report to other departments.
· Keeps these departments updated on any new regulatory or Meditech changes.
· Acts as liaison between the Registration Department and both internal and external customers.
· Resolves any customer service issue.
· Responsible for retrieving collected co-payments as per department policy; reconciling and reporting deposit to cashier.
· Responsible for maintaining log of the number of collected co-payments to the number of co-payments that could have potentially been collected.
· Running reports to obtain this information as needed. Updating spreadsheet.
· Schedules Department monthly meetings.
· Assigns coverage while meeting is going on.
· Prepares and distributes minutes. CORE VALUES Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence
· Prepares payroll sheets weekly.
· Keeps attendance records.
· Collects data by reviewing hospital records for the department’s Performance Improvement indicator and presents data at quarterly meeting.
· Responsible for keeping supplies at adequate levels keeping in mind budget levels while not sacrificing performance.
· Attends meetings in the organization as requested.
· Participates in the Admissions Quest Team and Bed Availability meetings.
· Keeps abreast of new and inventive ideas that may help the department to achieve its goals by becoming an active participant in MAHAM
· Keeps staff prepared for any JCAHO visit or disaster drill.
· Assists Director obtaining information needed to complete budget process.
· Assists the Central Scheduling Department as needed
· Performs other duties when needed.
Management of Time and Resources:
Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
Produces quality results.
Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
Responds to requests in a timely manner.
Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS :
Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.