Steward Health Care System Clinical Nursing Supervisor in Taunton, Massachusetts
16 hours per week with every other weekend.
*Job Summary: *Provides implementation of Finance and Performance Improvement Initiatives, daily human resources management of specific area of responsibility, technical expertise, leadership over a functional area, and quality customer service initiatives.
- Demonstrates solid understanding and judgment of what optimal standards are in relation to their field.
- Translates hospital goals into operational practice.
- Consistently maintains knowledge of current standards in the health care industry.
- Recognizes when quality is compromised. Corrects situations and uses this as an opportunity for improvement.
- Collaborates with department director in setting realistic long-and short-term goals consistent with organizational needs and priorities.
- Actively participates in development of process to measure quality of service provided, assists in collection of data, and provides opportunity for staff to participate in the process. Shares information with staff and utilizes these findings to enhance quality of service provided.
- Promotes staff awareness and staff education regarding budget process
- Cost containment and cost saving techniques within the department.
- Maintains awareness of current inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Recognizes limitations of departmental budget and works within the constraints.
- Makes recommendations for capital and small expenditures, staff mix and contracts, with consideration to projected volumes and needs.
- Maintains knowledge base of budget development and provides appropriate data to director as required.
- Collaborates with director in review of financial reports, as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate utilization of staff resources, including overtime evaluation and daily departmental staffing needs with consideration given to volume fluctuations.
- Monitors and evaluates usage of supplies and equipment.
- Supports the director in effectively managing the department within budgetary constraints.
- BSN preferred. ACLS required.
- 3-5 years of successful nursing experience required.
- Previous experience in supervision or patient flow process preferred.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Knowledge of patient care resources within the organization.