Steward Health Care System Registered Nurse in Stoughton, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
• Graduate of an accredited RN school of Nursing.
• Current license in Massachusetts as RN.
• Knowledge of Geriatric Nursing required.
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support in accordance with American Heart Association or American Red Cross standards required.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
• Supervises and evaluates all direct resident care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
• Provides clinical supervision of nursing assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses providing direct resident care.
• Follows staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
• Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned unit.
• Ensures that all physician renewal orders and physician documentation is timely and appropriate.
• Conducts resident rounds, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and initiating corrective action.
• Identifies resident problems and emergency situations, and initiates immediate "life saving" measures within the scope of nursing practice and in accordance with advance directives.
• Administers and documents medications, enteral nutrition, and treatments per the physician's order and accurately records all care provided and observations daily.