Lahey Health Materials Associate, Per Diem in Stoneham, Massachusetts
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by receiving, stocking, issuing and distributing hospital supplies and materials. This staff position will have an impact on the hospital’s operations by ensuring departments have the supplies they need when they need them and on the hospital’s financial status by closely monitoring supply inventories and expirations to minimize waste.
Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Materials management or experience with clinical products
Required: Good organizational skills
· Knowledge of Meditech Materials Management Module and other computer applications
· For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Generally, Monday – Friday. Based on business needs.
Storeroom: This position will travel between the storeroom and all hospital locations, including off-sites.
Central Materials Management (CMS): Generally located in CMS locations.
· Reports to
o Storeroom: Storeroom Supervisor
o CMS: CMS Manager, may receive daily direction from the OR Manager
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others.
As part of the Materials Management team, this position:
· Accepts deliveries and reviews packing slips against orders for accuracy and completeness. Reports discrepancies through the chain of command.
· Stocks items in the warehouse/storage areas in a safe, organized and easily retrievable manner.
· Pulls supplies, materials and equipment based on orders and needs.
· Compiles deliveries in an organized manner to ease delivery and distribution.
· Rotates stock to avoid obsolescence.
· Performs inventory of par levels. Makes recommendations of par level adjustments based on usage and trends.
· Responds quickly to emergency issues and rush requests.
· Develops effective routines, including priorities, to maximize efficiency and operate effectively with limited supervision.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area for esthetics, efficiency and safety purposes.
· Uses Meditech Materials Management module, At Par Handheld devices, and other software applications including shipping software and MOX/email systems.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
· CMS: Reports discrepancies and makes recommendations to the CMS Manager and/or the OR Manager.
o Delivers supplies, materials and equipment to the various hospital departments, which may include off-site locations. Depending on the department procedures, may involve counting and stocking par level inventories.
o Maintains shipping and delivery records to provide proof of delivery when required. Posts inventory counts to Meditech in a timely manner.
o Some site locations/departments require stocking in supply cabinets and others may involve delivery to unit staff and they will store the items.
o Secures the warehouse.
o Reports discrepancies and makes recommendations to the Lead or Supervisor in the Lead’s absence.
· Both CMS and Storeroom: Some locations require the use of sterile apparel when entering sterile areas
Per Diem, as needed by department.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs