Global Medical Response, Inc. Wheel Chair Van Driver in Springfield, MA in Springfield, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for driving a wheelchair van to transport non-emergent patients to and from health care facilities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES • Drives company vehicle to and from individual patient care facilities or other destinations according to assigned schedule. • Assists disabled passengers into and out of vehicle. • Secures passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip. • Operates radio or similar device to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report disruption of service. • Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, and fueling of assigned vehicle, as well as documenting, reporting, and/or correcting any deficiencies found during the inspection. • Keeps records of trips and condition of passengers. QUALIFICATIONS Experience: • One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education: • High school diploma or general education degree (GED Skills: • Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. • Ability to work with and operate wheelchairs, both motorized and non-motorized. • Ability to safely operate proper wheelchair securing devices. • Ability to safely operate wheelchair van loading and unloading devices. • Ability to utilize proper personal protective equipment in order to prevent exposure to Bloodborne or Airborne Pathogens. • Working knowledge of radio communication equipment. • Considerable knowledge of geography of the business area and the location of roads and streets. • Working knowledge of necessary supplies and equipment used • Exhibits a customer service focus; skilled with geriatric patients and patients with disabilities or limited mobility or cognition. Able do manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. • Good Interpersonal skills with ability to maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control. • Capable of effective oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. • Capable of effective written communication - able to read, write, and interpret written information. • Teamwork oriented; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed. • Exhibits a solid sense of ethics and treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. • Participates in organizational support - follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values. • Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. • Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for, and requests additional resources as needed. • Professional mindset that approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. • Quality oriented and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. • Capable of meeting productivity standards; completes work in timely manner. • Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly. • Capable of adapting to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. • Capable of meeting attendance/punctuality standards consistently at work and arrives on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. • Demonstrates dependability and can follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Credentials/Licenses: • Valid state drivers' license with proper endorsements, four years of licensed and unsupervised driving experience, and a driving record that meets the approval of Lifeguard's Auto Insurance Policy Carrier. • Current version of NIMS training IS-100 and IS-700. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Majority of time is spent in environments such as Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Medical facilities.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
• Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
• Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: This position reports to the Operations Supervisor and the Operations Manager.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Extended Job Title: Wheel Chair Van Driver in Springfield, MA
Job ID: 2021-16830
External Company Name: AMR
External Company URL: AMR.net
Street: 595 Cottage St