Baystate Health RN, Triage Hospice Nurse Part Time Evenings and Nights in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is Seeking a Full-Time RN, Hospice Home Care Nurse
What You Will Do:
- Performing nursing triage to hospice patients, acute care visits or pronouncements on off hours.
- Provides nursing care with kindness, sensitivity, in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- Collaborates with staff to assure a high quality of patient/family care and participates as an active member of the interprofessional team.
- Completes mandated documentation in a complete and timely manner while maintaining clinical records in accordance with agency policies. .
- Provides nursing interventions as identified by the plan of care including patient/family education thru ongoing evaluating and assessing
What You Will Need:
- Registered and Licensed Nurse in the State of Massachusetts.
- 3 years medical surgical nursing experience required
- Home Care or Hopsice experience strongly preferred
- Excellent judgment, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Valid Driver’s License - Must have a car and a valid Massachusetts driver’s license. Motor vehicle report will be reviewed and final hiring decision will be based on information obtained.
_What You Need to Know: _
- Location -- 50 Maple Street Baystate Hospice
- 24 hours
- Wednesday and Thursday -Midnight 12AM to 8 AM -Triage Hospice and home care calls and pronouncements
- Saturday and Sunday Evening 8:00PM - 12AM - Acute care or pronouncement visits as needed
- Driving Required - See Fleet Policy Below
- Resume required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82512
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Part-Time