Baystate Health RN, Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety Specialist in Springfield, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Patient Safety performs a variety of tasks involving the monitoring, assessment, and analysis of patient care practices focusing on Patient Safety. This position will focus on the support of the Culture of Safety process at Baystate Medical Center. This involves the collaboration with Service Line Leaders and Healthcare Quality/Patient Safety staff to build and maintain a culture of safety and learning environment.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Act as lead Culture of Safety Coordinator and provide support to existing and new teams with the support of Patient Safety, DHQ and Operations Excellence staff.
- Manage/direct/lead/collaborate with necessary ancillary /interdepartmental staff to ensure quality project implementation, monitoring, feedback and identify and implement appropriate next steps.
- Participate in patient safety activities including communication of gaps and processes to process owners and participate in improvement activities as warranted. Perform follow up on identified issues until resolution achieved.
- Coordinate/manage peer review teams according to established standard work
- Actively participate in PI Huddle, manage grid and coordinate follow-up
- Support Board of Registration in Medicine – Quality & Patient Safety Division reporting process.
What do you need for this position?
- Registered Nurse, BSN or BA is required.
- 3-5 years clinical nursing experience.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to conduct comprehensive chart/case reviews
- Patient Safety, Quality Improvement or peer review experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, clinical knowledge, organizational skills and the ability to lead teams.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 81825
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time