Baystate Health RN, Clinical Research Registered Nurse Coordinator, HIV and Infectious Disease in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is Seeking a Full-Time Clinical Research Registered Nurse Coordinator, HIV and Infectious Disease
What You Will Do:
The applicant will have broad responsibilities for planning, screening, enrollment and monitoring of clinical research protocols. The primary focus is on ambulatory studies involving HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, influenza and other infectious diseases. The applicant will be responsible for a variety of specialized clinical research activities, ensure that established protocols are implemented, maintain protocol integrity, and monitor participant’s status and safety.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop, maintain, and update data collection tools, spreadsheets, and databases for use in gathering and compilation of information specific to each research process
- Identify and recruit study participants.
- Obtain informed consent from patient or guardian. Educate patient regarding his/her rights as a research subject, alternatives of care, and provide teaching specific to protocol drugs, treatments and side effects.
- Notify investigators and sponsors of problems or issues, checks on progress and well-being of research subjects and overall direction of the research study.
- Manage and coordinate complex studies in accordance with established protocols or guidelines
- Coordinate scheduling of tests and treatments required for protocol. Communicate with investigator and care providers regarding protocol requirements prior to patient appointment
- Contribute to protocol evaluation and implementation planning
- Prepare, submit, and maintain regulatory documents to the IRB and sponsor
- Assist with the study completion, resolution of data queries, data lock, study closeout
- Manages visits with the sponsor/study monitor and assists in initiation of clinical trials.
- Perform packaging and shipping of protocol specimens to the sponsor lab in accordance with IATA/DOT regulations
*May be under filled
What You Will Need:
- Registered Nurse with MA license, BS preferred
- Minimum 2 years clinical nursing experience
- Experience in clinical research strongly preferred but not required
- Expertise in providing care to patients with HIV or other infectious disease strongly preferred.
- Solid computer skills including databases. Strong knowledge of Federal & State Regulations as they relate to research
What You Need To Know:
- This is a Part-Time position (24-32 hours) Monday – Friday
- Resume required along with a completed online application
- Position is partially grant funded
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82355
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time