Trinity Health Quality Medical Assistant - Riverbend Medical Group - 40hrs in Springfield, Massachusetts
Provide outreach to designated/specific patient groups for disease management and preventive screening needs. Works closely with Quality Care Managers, Director of Quality & Informatics, the Director of Nursing and Practice Management to achieve results.
- Provides outreach and follow-up of disease management initiatives (CAD, DM, etc.) as determined by payor contracts.
- Provide outreach to designated/targeted patient groups based on preventive/screening (ex: Bone
- Density, mammography testing etc) and other quality initiatives as determined by payor contracts (e.g. HEDIS).
- Actively manages tickler systems for targeted patient groups (including non-compliant
- Provides outreach to all diabetic patients for designated appointments as a reminder to obtain any necessary lab work prior to the adult medicine office visit.
- Enters specific lab orders for diabetic patients per protocol.
- Identifies high risk and/or non compliant patients of targeted disease processes during outreach for designated payor. Communicates to Quality Care Manager for follow-up as appropriate.
- Schedules, coordinates, and reschedules patient’s appointments as needed.
- Communicates and coordinates with all entities involved in the care of a patient to promote and maximize care coordination and patient satisfaction.
- Verifies and updates necessary information in the electronic medical record as required..
- Acts as a liaison between providers, care managers and patients for care management issues related to disease processes as appropriate
- Provides feedback to management regarding scheduling issues in relation to outreach management.
- Encourages patient participation in MyChart
- Works with quality department and regional practice staff in a cooperative and timely manner to achieve business objectives.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Accurately and appropriately, records patient information according to designated workflows.
- Regular and reliable attendance in accordance with department needs and company policies.
- Adheres to all HIPAA privacy and security policies and practices. Reports violations and incidents they observe and cooperates in investigations as requested by management.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- CPR required
Training and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy medical office.
- Proficient use of personal computers in a Windows based environment.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems
- Experience and/or training in quality improvement activities (ex: HEDIS).
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00159502
Location: Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: SPMA - Medical Office Building
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift