Baystate Health Per Diem Physical Therapy Assistant in Springfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our Rehabilitation team!
New grad applicants invited to apply
Resume required with application
Per diem shifts available; M-F Outpatient
MA PTA License
American Heart Association BLS CPR to be obtain prior to first day
Baystate Medical Center is a 716-bed independent academic medical center and a teaching site of the UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate. Includes Baystate Children’s Hospital, the Wesson Women and Infants’ Unit, the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, and more.
As the community’s major referral hospital, we provide a wide range of services now for more than 140 years to include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, behavioral health, therapy and more.
More than 700 physicians on active and courtesy staff across our health system
More than 197,000 Emergency Department and Urgent Care visits annually at Baystate Health
More than 4,000 babies delivered each year across Baystate Health hospitals
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Melanie Bischoff, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, performs a variety of physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. Executes plans of care established by a physical therapist and communicates changes in patient status in a timely manner. Participates in program planning and supervision of student interns. Assists Level I and Level II PTAs and takes on additional responsibilities as the job requires. Adheres to standards of practice and follows policy and procedures to ensure safe and effective patient treatments and functional outcomes. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Provides treatment and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) .
2) Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports
4) Provides information to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management
5) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments.
6) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in treatment of patients.
7) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
8) Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
9) Conveys information obtained from continuing education programs to staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs. Achieve specialty certification. Presents/leads/proposes research relation to professional field. Takes lead in community-based programs/affairs.
10) Assists with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns
11) Professional involvement will include acting as a preceptor/instructor, lead or co-lead a committee of a rehab or related professional internal or external organization.
12) Use clinical experience to contribute to protocols, algorithm and standards of practice.
13) Mentors or develops programs with physicians or physician groups.
14) Leads the development maintenance of programs, departmental reports, initiatives and/or actions plans.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5 years experience as PTA
2) Successfully meet career ladder requirements for Level III
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) High-Level PTA skills, Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Physical Therapy Assistant - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs