Baystate Health Neuro Psychologist in Springfield, Massachusetts
Reports directly to the Manager of the Neuropsychology Service. The Neuropsychologist performs a wide variety of duties involving neuropsychological assessment including direct patient care (conducting clinical interviews; administering neuropsychological tests; working with psychometrists during patient assessments; integrating historical information with clinical observations and test data to arrive at a comprehensive formulation and diagnosis; maintaining accurate documentation; and consulting with patients, caregivers, and professional colleagues.
1) Elicits extensive psychiatric, medical, family, social, developmental, and educational history.
2) Interviews patients to assess mental status, including risk of harm to self and others.
3) Establishes working rapport with patients with a full range of psychiatric and neurologic disorders.
4) Meets with patient and family to review evaluation results and clarify recommendations.
5) Administers neuropsychological tests according to standardized procedures.
6) Adapts assessment techniques according to patient competency.
7) Administers neuropsychological tests at bedside on medical and psychiatric inpatient units.
8) Scores standardized tests with consistently high accuracy.
9) Integrates history, records, clinical observations, and test data into comprehensive neuropsychological report.
10) Reviews evaluation results with patients, family, physicians, and community providers.
11) Obtains professional consultation with colleagues regarding challenging cases.
12) Participates in training of graduate students, medical students, medical residents, etc.
13) Continually updates knowledge of test instruments, patient populations, and approaches to diagnosis through readings of professional literature and conference attendance.
14) Maintains licensure by enhancing clinical skills.
Required Work Experience:
1) Completion of Neuropsychology Fellowship
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Patient Care - Establishes working rapport with patients with a full range of psychiatric and neurologic disorders
2) Able to assess mental status, including risk of harm to self and others
3) Effectively communicates with patients and families to review evaluation results and clarify recommendations
4) Test Administration - Selects and administers neuropsychological and psychological tests according to standardized procedures
5) Adapts assessment techniques according to patient age and competency
6) Able to select and master new test instruments as they are developed
7) Documentation - Utilizes computer skills necessary for test administration and scoring
8) Integrates history, records, clinical observations, and test data into comprehensive neuropsychological reports
9) Maintains documentation accuracy and communicates as required with third party reviewers
10) Communicates as required with third party reviewers
11) Consultation - Reviews evaluation results and recommendations
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Doctor of Psychology: Psychology (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs