Baystate Health Medical Laboratory Technician II - Per Diem / 2nd Shift in Springfield, Massachusetts
Join our Baystate team as a Medical Laboratory Technician II
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjob.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
David Craft, Healthcare Recruiter
Possesses and utilizes technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as testing methodology. Performs a wide variety of assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity prior to reporting. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
2) Assists in the development QA indicators and collection of pertinent data.
3) Reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Incumbent possess sufficient theoretical knowledge to understand tests, and basic clinical significance of results. Identify and participate in solving problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of testing requests, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) As assigned, assists in projects or studies. Assists in orientation and training of staff.
7) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
8) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
9) Reviews pending log daily and follows up on missing specimens and missing results.
10) Develops and proofreads departmental procedures and protocols for accuracy.
11) Reviews billing reports to ensure all testing has been billed. Performs manual billing in SMS as needed. Assists in the annual review of CPT codes and reference lab pricing.
Required Work Experience:
1) At least 3 years laboratory experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Laboratory skills acquired during clinical rotations and/or through experience
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs