Baystate Health Medical Assistant Pulmonary Part Time in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is seeking a part time, 20 hour per week Medical Assistant position for the Pulmonary Department.
What you will do:
- Patient and Room Preparation - Under supervision, processes patient for intake and prepares room for exam, treatment, or procedure. Ensures all necessary equipment is available and provides patient with appropriate education materials. Reviews patient and physician schedules to prepare for the day and makes changes with approval.
- Patient Intake and History - Reviews patient history & health maintenance information, takes vitals, provides appropriate paperwork for obtaining releases and obtains consent for release of medical data. Demonstrates basic understanding of and uses CIS and Centricity to enter patient information.
- Clinical Orders - Under supervision implements provider’s orders including standing orders and protocols to maintain flow of patient care, testing for appropriate treatment, and coordination of care with clinical team. Asks questions or seeks assistance when unsure of how to proceed.
- Procedures - Performs procedures independently as approved by provider, including EKG, vision and hearing screening, point of care testing, etc. Immunizations may only be administered in conjunction with Baystate Medical Practices Policy BMP-MM012.
- Documentation - Accurately and within established time frame, completes all documentation. Ensures that patient and provider information is complete.
- Patient Discharge - Schedule appointments and process referrals. Provide patient education materials ensures materials are available in patient rooms. Cleans room and prepares for the next patient. Asks questions when presented with new situations.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- One year of experience in a medical office preferred.
- Basic Life Support CPR required.
- Must be _ ONE_ of the following:
- Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
A registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Qualified applicants will be evaluated as follows:
- Medical Assistant I should have at least 1 year experience in a medical office
- Medical Assistant II should have at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office or 1 year as a Medical Assistant I at Baystate Medical Practices
- Medical Assistant III should have at least 5 years’ experience in a medical office or 2 years as a Medical Assistant II at Baystate Medical Practices
What you need to know:
- This is a part time 20 hour per week position located at 3300 Main Street.
- The hours for this position are between 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 81813
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Part-Time