Baystate Health LPN Homecare in Springfield, Massachusetts
Provides quality nursing care to patients. Follows Agency policies and procedures under the direct supervision of a RN.
1) Health care Team Relationships/Communication Schedules and performs assigned patient visits following proper nursing techniques and Reports patient problems, etc. to physicians, primary nurses and supervisors appropriately. Consult with Clinical Manager coordinator in planning for patient care and scheduling. Performs documentation of patient visits in chart. Orders patient supplies as necessary. Makes assessments and care plans based on age specific needs as required. Takes into account the physiological, developmental and psychosocial needs of the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
2) Development and Education Attends education and training programs for ongoing professional development.
3) Performs additional duties as requested Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. Attends and participates on Agency Committee's as appropriate.
Required Work Experience:
1) MA LPN license and completion of all annual licensure requirements
2) Excellent interpersonal, judgment and communication skills
3) Documentation skills
4) Ability to identify patient situations/problems requiring MD and/or RN follow up
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to function as a Team member and work independently
2) Ability to be flexible
3) Reliable transportation
4) Ability to strictly adhere to confidentiality requirements
5) Motor vehicle report will be reviewed and final hiring decision will be based on information obtained
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Licensed Practical Nurse - National Council of State Boards of Nursing
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs