Baystate Health Lead Radiology Service Rep in Springfield, Massachusetts
In collaboration with a multiple departments, performs the administrative tasks necessary to support exceptional patient-centered care, such as reception, managing of phone calls, facilitating image release, communicating imaging reports, validating physician orders, daily roster preparation, and patient registration. Adheres to BHS operating principles, system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations. Manage the employee schedule, and assist in approving employee time-off request. May be required to perform other related tasks or duties as requested or assigned.
1) Managing the Patient Experience:
Greets patients promptly in warm, friendly manner demonstrating appropriate amount of interest or concern. Smile, make eye contact, use welcoming language (hello, welcome, how can I help you today). To maintain patient confidentiality use the system to verify reason for visit. Gather and/or verify patient demographics. Confirm that we have referrals or pre-authorizations if necessary. Give the patient a provider update (on time or running late, etc.).
Maintain waiting area, check reading materials, play areas, etc. Direct patient and family members to restrooms and other amenities. Check to see if there is any other way you can assist. Employees at this level are developing their skills and understanding of needs of the patients and their families or caregivers.
Develops and maintains working relationships with coworkers, providers, other agencies, and ancillaries. Receives and provides information as necessary while complying with policies and regulations (e.g., HIPAA). Addresses public in a cheerful customer service focused manner. Demonstrates awareness of cultural differences and adjusts to accommodate differences. Develop competency in managing difficult conversations.
3) Patient Identification:
Will identify a patient using two identifiers (i.e., name and date of birth). Where required, will place an ID band on the patient following verification of the patient's identity. Will monitor patients stay in our waiting area, to maintain open communication about delays and exam status.
4) Confidentiality and Privacy:
Maintains confidentiality of patient records using extreme care to discuss matters only with appropriate personnel to meet HIPAA Guidelines. Effectively operates hospital information system, ensuring patient and hospital confidentiality in accordance with established policies.
Answers telephones in a prompt, courteous manner. Attempts to resolve inquires without transferring calls, if necessary, routes phone calls to appropriate personnel or department.
6) General Duties:
Performs general clerical duties, which include order entry, system downtime recovery, preparation of exam-related materials and records, and makes reminder calls to patients. Observes any discrepancies within patients' records and either corrects them or brings them to the attention of proper personnel. Identifies and communicates all unfinished work, assuring continuity.
7) Mail Processing/Faxes/Rosters/Images:
Demonstrates the ability to operate all office equipment to include fax machines and copiers. Opens, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail and faxes daily according to practice guidelines. Prints orders, CDs, and reports while following the appropriate release and or approval in compliance with practice policy and regulations (e.g., HIPAA) Reviews all orders for validity maintains daily rosters per department criteria.
Orents new hires, team leader, and trainer. Seeks and communicates process improvement opportunities and workflow optimization.
9) Employee Schedules
Will manage and maintain the employee schedule, and with the help of leadership, will assist in vacation and time off approvals.
10) Time Keeper
Enters employee schedules,time variances, cost center and job changes, as needed into Kronos.
Register and arrive patient. Collect, verify, and update all account demographics and financial information including isurance infromation within established quality assurance thresholds.
Collect co-pay, deductibles, co-insurance, and other patient balances where applicable.
Secures cash drawer according to depatmental procedures with random quartely balance checks 100% of the time.
12) Insurance Verification:
Request proof of insurance; verify using appropriate systems, initaiates contact for finanicial counseling. Assist patients or customers fill out and complete medical release of information accurately.
Understands insurance coverage and understands billing for part A (hospital) and part B (provider).
13) Other Duties-Department Specific:
Responsibilities may be more specialized than as detailed above in larger practices or may include additional duties in some departments.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1 Year of experience in general clerical capacity requiring superior attention to detail land accuracy in the use of numerals, codes and/or medical terminology.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic knowledge of human anatomy.
2) Proficiency with the use of personal computer, strong keyboard skills, demonstrated ability to accurately enter numerical data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
3) Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA regulations and the application of the same.
4) Builds effective relationships with customers, indentifies customer expectations, tries to see issues from their point of view; offers practical solutions to concerns.
5) Makes decisions and conducts self consistent with organizations mission.
6) Respects all individuals in the work environment.
7) Demonstrates high personal standards of acceptance reliability and openness to others.
8) Accepts responsibility for their own actions including failures. Does not seek to blame others.
9) Actively listens and allows adequate time for interactions.
10) Creates a supportive communication environment.
11) Possesses the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to establish standards.
12) Directs behavior to achieve position, department and organizational goals and values.
13) Responds to information and situations in a self-controlled manner.
14) Uses the necessary steps to successful execution/completion of tasks within the work environment, and demonstrates necessary discipline in adhering to existing processes.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs