Trinity Health Inpatient Care Coordinator - FT 40 hours (4 x 10 hr shifts), Day shift **Sign-On Bonus** in Springfield, Massachusetts
In collaboration with other internal and external disciplines directs and coordinates the care of patients from admission to transfer or discharge. This is done with the intentions of cost effective utilization of hospital resources, minimizing out of pocket expenses for patients, providing customer support to our internal and external customers, appropriate utilization of resources and patient advocacy.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: *** *
- Provides supervision and direction to the Discharge Planner(s) and Care Coordination Assistant(s) in the prioritization of patient care and patient progression.
Assesses, plans, evaluates, and coordinates management of patient care including discharge planning and utilization needs in a timely manner.
Facilitates daily interdisciplinary rounds and coordinates the multi-disciplinary team in meeting patient care goals.
Identifies discharge needs, determines the appropriate level of care that the patient can transition to, coordinates planning, and problem solvescontinuity issues to ensure seamless continuum of patient care and prevent the patient from having to readmit to the hospital
Takes responsibility to identify and eliminate barriers to effective patient stay management and promotes improvements in work processes within department, hospital, and community.
Advocates for patient legal, social, and ethical rights while balancing patient resources and hospital financial stewardship.
Refers quality issues and poor utilization of services to the appropriate sources.
Coordinates/facilitates patient/family education.
Educates hospital leadership and staff to current case management practices, patient coordination issues, and unit specific trends.
Utilizes critical thinking in all interactions in order to identify variances/problems and apply sound decision-making skills and is willing to think outside the box.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current unrestricted Massachusetts license as a Registered Nurse, BSN strongly preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years Case Management experience preferred, hospital or community based.
- Ability to identify problems, determine alternative course of action, and simultaneously address and prioritize multiple patients, projects, demands and issues.
- Willingness to be flexible, resourceful and creative in problem solving. Work is not standardized and requires a high degree of delegation and prioritization skills.
- Ability to act independently, supervise and direct the Discharge Planner(s) and Care Coordination Assistant(s) to assure optimal patient outcomes.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders to obtain management, staff, and physician involvement and accountability in achieving specific patient outcomes.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, analytical skills, and be well organized. Able to maintain a highly professional manner and appearance. Effective negotiation, persuasive and planning skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation, assertiveness and goal-attaining capabilities.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing processes and schedule requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to acknowledge formal and informal assessments of health care market trends and the impact/potential impact on the organization.
- Flexible work schedules in shift based on organization and patient demands that may inconvenience home and social life planning, such as shift rotation and assigned unit location.
- Requires ability to work and physically walk the units to round on patients in a hospital setting.
- Requires working in a normal office environment where there are relatively few discomforts due to dust, dirt, and noise.
- Requires ability to lift 10-20 pounds of electronic equipment, associated mobile work devices, and reference materials.
*REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: ** *
- Reports to the Care Coordination Manager.
- Responsible for the supervision of Discharge Planners and Care Coordination Assistants.
*This position includes a weekend and holiday rotation, and works four ten hour shifts.
Job Number: 00170159
Location: Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: SPMA - Mercy Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift