Baystate Health Infection Control Practitioner in Springfield, Massachusetts
Infection Control Practitioner is responsible for performing functions necessary to maintain and promote progressive infection prevention and control program. Responsibilities will include the following;
- Perform surveillance for infections based on approved goals and objectives using scientific methods of epidemiology and criteria from the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports data to appropriate committees, individuals and agencies.
- Conducts facility surveillance and reporting for infection control and prevention issues as identified by relevant regulatory agencies.
- Serves as an expert resource to BMC, providing expertise and consultative skills on an ongoing basis.
- Functions as a resource to BH infection control staff, the healthcare community and neighboring health care facilities
- Takes an active role in patient safety and the prevention and control of HAI
- Provides patient disease specific information in support of the public health department case finding process for communicable, infectious diseases.
- Prevent/Control Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Program management, compliance with requirements and effective communication
- Registered Nurse, Medical Technologist or Master of Public Health/Epidemiology
- Bachelor’s degree in education, nursing, science or health related field
- Basic level of infection control education required for position which includes attendance at an approved, formalized Infection Control Basic Training program and >/ 1 year experience in an acute care infection control program.
- Certification in Infection Control within one year of eligibility, recertification every 5 years of continued employment in role.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft office, Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint. Electronic communication (e-mail). Able to input data, manipulate data and generate reports as necessary for the surveillance, prevention and control of infection. NHSN data entry, secure access management (SAM) current or eligible.
Infection Control Practitioner
Join a progressive team, led by a Fellow of Infection control ( FAPIC); preventionists and a data analyst. Engage with passion and energy and make a difference every day.
The Baystate Medical Center infection prevention and control team continuously works towards achieving the program vision and mission;
Vision: Healthcare without infection Mission: Create safer health care at Baystate Medical Center through prevention of infection
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 80177
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts