Baystate Health Electronic Image Technician in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate is seeking an Electronic Image Technician.
What You Will Do:
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers by efficiently performing a wide variety of tasks utilizing Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS), Radiology Information System (RIS), Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and other related applications. This position is an active member of the Radiology PACS Support Team and will participate in the on-call schedule.
- Tracks and troubleshoots reported problems and implements solutions if available.
- Escalates unresolved issues to second level responder(s).
What You Will Need:
- High School/GED
- 3 years healthcare/radiology experience
- Basic knowledge of Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS)
- Basic knowledge of computers, software applications and networking
- Basic knowledge of basic digital imaging
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to effectively communicate, comprehend and disseminate technical information through good verbal and written skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and think innovatively
- Skilled in customer service relation principles
- Works independently and effectively within work groups
What You Need To Know:
- Location: Baystate Health Radiology Service including all community hospitals.
- Hours: Monday- Friday 40 hours per week
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82397
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time