Baystate Health ED Behavioral Health Disposition Coordinator in Springfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for Disposition Coordinators to join our Emergency Department Crisis Team!
Resume required with application
24 hour; 1st and 2nd shifts available w/ weekend and holiday rotation
32 hour; 2nd shift w/ weekend and holiday rotation
Baystate Medical Center Emergency Department, Springfield, MA
Bachelors Degree or Masters in Human Services or Behavioral Health
2 years behavioral health experience or 1 year in a hospital mental health setting
Baystate Medical Center is a 716-bed independent academic medical center and a teaching site of the UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate. Includes Baystate Children’s Hospital, the Wesson Women and Infants’ Unit, the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, and more.
As the community’s major referral hospital, we provide a wide range of services now for more than 140 years to include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, behavioral health, therapy and more.
More than 700 physicians on active and courtesy staff across our health system
More than 197,000 Emergency Department and Urgent Care visits annually at Baystate Health
More than 4,000 babies delivered each year across Baystate Health hospitals
Training site for the Family Medicine residency , and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Melanie Bischoff, Healthcare Recruiter
The Behavioral Health Disposition Coordinator works as a collaborative team member for the Emergency Psychiatry Service. Collaborates with Behavioral Health Crisis Clinicians, ED nursing, and providers to ensure appropriate care transitions and community-based services. Manages tracking and reporting as required. The coordinator demonstrates knowledge and experience with behavioral health and SUD care and treatment. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The coordinator represents and supports the mission and philosophy of the Departments of Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, and Emergency Psychiatry service.
1) Initiates and coordinates the post-disposition process of behavioral health patients established by crisis clinicians and providers in the ED. Manages and maintains the integrity of the inpatient psychiatric bed search process, collects, contacts, and documents any/all collateral information and system resources to facilitate access to service by patients. Provides patients and families resources and referrals for any necessary services.
2) Establishes and maintains a strong knowledge base about emergency crisis/behavioral health care in the ED and community behavioral health resources. Facilitates communication with psychiatry and other services as needed and appropriate. Completes other administrative functions as needed.
3) Actively attempts to minimize the duration of time patients spend in highly restrictive settings. Demonstrates efforts to reduce the ED overcrowding and boarding.
4) Collaborates with law enforcement, state agencies, schools, residential treatment facilities, hospitals, primary care clinicians, and health centers
5) Fosters positive professional relationships with peers in partnering agencies such as DMH, DOI, EOHHS, and MassHealth.
6) Ability to understand and utilize the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Access (MABHA) and Expedited Psychiatric Inpatient Admissions (EPIA) process by accessing the website and locating potential openings in mental health and substance use disorder services for referrals.
7) Experience navigating behavioral health insurance carriers, coverage, and processes.
8) Arranges transportation when needed for patients diverted or discharged from the ED.
9) Provides statistical and quality data when requested.
10) Manages 24/7 access to capacity information and other outpatient and diversionary levels of care.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required), Master of Science
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs