Baystate Health ED Assistant, Nights, Part Time in Springfield, Massachusetts
Thank you for applying with Baystate Health. Please note the following about this position:
- Department: Emergency Department
- Hours: 16 weekly
- Shift: Nights, 11p-7:30a
- Every other weekend and holiday
- All applicants are asked to submit a resume with their application
- This position will require a 1 day orientation at start, Monday 8-4p
The Emergency Department at Baystate Medical Center is the only Level I Trauma Center in western Massachusetts. We are the largest provider of tertiary care in the region with over 110,000 patient visits annually. Within dedicated treatment areas, our professional staff cares for pediatric, trauma, and psychiatric patients as well as those with both major and minor medical or surgical illness.
Our new, larger Emergency & Trauma Center – a 72,000 square foot expansion – features:
- Twice the number of private, adult patient care featuring rooms with glass-front doors, instead of treatment bays separated by curtains, to enhance privacy and a healing environment:
- Three dedicated Trauma Rooms equipped with the latest technology
- The region’s only Pediatric ED – a new, dedicated area uniquely designed for the treatment of children
- A private, quiet, secure environment for patients with behavioral health issues
What You Will Do:
- Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, assist nursing staff and physicians with direct patient care and treatments, transports patients to tests and procedures, behavioral health interventions and contributes to the overall orderliness and cleanliness of the unit. Must have demonstrated competency in simple mathematics, reading, writing, following instructions and checking of patient records and forms.
What You Will Need:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Experience in a Patient care setting preferred
- Skills/Compentencies: Must successfully complete orderly orientation program during 90-day orientation period. Strong Communication Skills. Strong teamwork skills. Knowledge of and ability to assist with emergency procedures. Critial thinking skills and judgement - identify patient/family members needs, assess the potential impact on patient/customer when making decisions, develop alternatives when the best course of action if not available. High level of service standards including use of empathy, listenting skill and problem solving.
- CPR required-American Heart Association Basic Life Support
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 80961
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Part-Time