Baystate Health Custodian in Springfield, Massachusetts
This position is located in Greenfield, MA. 40 hours per week, day shift, every other weekend and holiday.
Performs a variety of Environmental Services duties under the direction of Lead custodian, Supervisor or Manager. Duties will involve complete cleaning and disinfection of patient rooms, corridors, public rooms, offices, service or other designated areas as needed.Candidate must be committed to consistently following and be part of the Baystate Health System Service Standards and Services values: Role models, positive attitude, team building and practices good positive communication skills taking accountability for his/her own actions. Interacts often in a positive light with patient, family and caregivers in a calm, caring, professional manner and is respectful to comprehension level of patient and/or family.
1) High level of interpersonal and customer service skills required.
2) Maintain high levels in flexibility, organization and prioritizing work.
3) Works in a team environment collaborating with coworkers and unit staff.
4) Maintain health, safety and attendance requirements.
5) Adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations.
6) Ability to perform daily responsibilities with minimal supervision
7) Performs other departmental duties as required
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Customer Service experience and/or experience dealing with the public or prior health care experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) High level interpersonal skills, must be able to read, write and speak English
2) Adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations
GED or HiSET
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs