Baystate Health Clinical RN Supervisor, Mason Square Community Health Center in Springfield, Massachusetts
What you will be Responsible for
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced RN with previous lead or supervisory experience. Candidates must have a passion for team collaboration, systems thinking, change management, process improvement and a “Patient First” mentality.
- Responsibilities include: General clinical team oversight for overseeing all clinical flow issues with a focus on patient centered efficiency and patient and staff/provider satisfaction, ensuring that clinical operations comply with required standards and that policies and procedures are in place for all practices, and overseeing mentoring and development for staff LPNs and MAs. The incumbent handles a broad range of day-to-day operational activities, including supervision of clinical staff, actively participates in quality and service improvement, serves on departmental and interdepartmental committees and keeps practice management apprised of the practice's clinical issues and concerns. Role also includes providing direct patient care as determined by practice needs
- The Clinical Supervisor serves as the overall nursing leader for the assigned practice. The incumbent partners with the ambulatory LPNs and MA to identify and implement educational and developmental opportunities for staff, convene nursing meetings/huddles, develop nursing policies and procedures, oversee clinical staffing and schedules, and provide guidance to both management and nursing teams on nursing issues and concerns. This role serves as member of the practice leadership team.
- In close collaboration with the Practice Manager, the Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for interpreting and applying Baystate Health personnel policies and procedures, manages within budgetary constraints, demonstrates leadership skills which foster a collaborative, team-based environment and coordinates all issues related to staff development, including hiring, training, performance management and evaluations for clinical staff including MAs and LPNs.
What You Will Need:
- Massachusetts RN licensure, BSN preferred and CPR required
- 5 years clinical nursing experience required-
- Supervisory or team lead or charge nursing experience required working in an ambulatory setting is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in partnership with physicians and other clinicians
- Preferred candidates will have strong organizational and analytical skills with a focus on process improvement
- Excellent team building and people management skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful partnership with nursing, physicians and advanced practitioners
- Experience leading an engaged team
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What You Need to Know:
- Hours-Full Time 40 hours Monday - Friday.
- Location – Mason Square Community Health Center Springfield, MA
- Resume required
The leadership responsibility of the RN Clinical Supervisor.
6 Registered Nurses ( 2 assigned to each POD)
3 Per Diem Registered Nurses
2 Care Management Registered Nurses
1 Triage Nurse
1 LPN to assist in Prescription Refill Pool and Clinical Pool
1 Lead Medical Assistant
12 Medical Assistants (4 assigned to each of the three POD’s)
Mason Square Health Center sees between 200-225 patients per day.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 80435
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time