Baystate Health BSEP Intern in Springfield, Massachusetts
Perform all job assignments as directed by designated BMC department and agreed upon by immediate supervisor and the intern at the start of their employment. Attend all required BMC orientation and training workshops and required developmental related activities. Fulfill any and all other requirements as directed by the high school staff. Adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations. This description covers the essential functions of the position. He/She is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Enrolled and participating in BSEP Academy or BSEP 21st Century Afterschool Program.
2) Have completed the job skills training sessions. Previous BSEP participants will be considered with manager approval.
3) Establishes and maintains good client relations by presenting a professional manner at all times.
4) Develops the ability to prioritize work while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity with a high degree of multi-tasking.
5) Possesses excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to work effectively in a team environment. Good communication skills and reliability.
6) In the case where the student will be assigned to a Nursing Unit as a Patient Care Technician, the student will be required to be a Certified Nursing Assistant with at least one month in a health care setting and Health Care Provider CPR Certification required.
7) Some BSEP intern placements have additional requirements, which will need to be met prior to commencing.
Required Work Experience:
1) All qualified candidates must be approved through BSEP
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) The ability to work with a diverse population, staff and community members using tact, coutesy and diplomacy
2) The ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise descretion , as appropriate
3) The ability to communicate clearly and effectively
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Other, Certified Nurse Aide - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs