CVS Health Omnicare - Pharmacy Technician Narcotics Part Time 956547BR in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Performs compliance tasks and the related activities in support of the DEA and controlled medication dispensing process. • Fill all Narcotic prescriptions for all facilities as directed (inclusive of all controlled STAT labels/prescriptions)
• Responsible for checking perpetual inventory and accuracy
• Run Reports
• Responsible for returns of Narcotics Room prescriptions, have cleared before returning to inventory or discard as instructed
• Check all orders for accuracy, log into correct books, in appropriate drugs received or discrepancies checked thru PIC
• Handles inventory, responsible for all reports, discrepancies and missing product
• Responsible for re-packaging of drugs for workload
• Responsible for all copies of documents necessary to keep Narcotics Room compliant with all DEA and Federal laws and regulations
• Responsible for maintaining Narcotics Room cleanliness and compliance
• Assist Picking Technicians as needed when additional help is required on the floor
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
· Pharmacy Technician Certification required. • Knowledge of and experience with controlled drug packaging procedures is required
• Knowledge of DEA and Federal laws for CII – CV prescriptions is required
· Fluent in all aspects of the English Language. • Good oral communication skills
• Ability to have strong communication with Dispensing Pharmacists
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, facility staff members, and others within organization
• Ability to write routine correspondence and reports
• Knowledge of basic math skills is required.
• Excellent skills in usage of fax machine, computer software, copier, and word-processing
High Schoold Diploma or equivalent
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.