Charles River Laboratories In-Vivo Rapid Response Technician 1 in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
In-Vivo Rapid Response Technician 1
Req ID #: 184361
Reno, NV, US, 89511 RTP, NC, US, 27709-2016 Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Houston, TX, US, 77047 Boston, MA, US, 02116 US Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 Frederick, MD, US, 21701 Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 Durham, NC, US, 27703 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 Skokie, IL, US, 60077 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Traveling technician that is responsible for independently performing operational, administrative, and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals which includes: daily health observations, feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies. May serve as lead/primary technician and perform technical duties with guidance and perform review of data for quality and accuracy. Will travel with minimal notice and provide a minimum of 6 months commitment to the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review laboratory documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and study specific requirements.
• Travels to other Charles River sites to perform basic in-vivo procedures as scheduled.
• Independently or as a team, perform basic in-vivo procedures (husbandry, handling, etc.) per hosting sites SOP’s.
• Assist with specialized in-vivo procedures where needed (basic dosing, physiological indices, etc.)
• Perform duties associated with the transportation, receipt, transfer and distribution of animals as assigned.
• Perform cagewash duties as assigned.
• Assist in training of staff junior to this level when requested.
• May cross-train in other areas and/or other laboratory departments.
• Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., in life numbers, body weights, food consumption and clinical observation).
• Ability to track expenses and generate accurate expense reports.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: None. High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies and positive performance at the previous level. Experience working in a regulated environment preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
• Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or animals.
• Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Works in a research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
• The employee regularly works with live animals with risk of exposure to dander, allergens, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
• The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high depending upon the species housed.
• This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or after hours shift coverage, as needed.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs