life care MMQ Nurse (Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN) in Scituate, Massachusetts
Live the Mission:
The LPN MMQ Nurse oversees the Massachusetts Case Mix process and care plan process according to Massachusetts Medicaid Requirements in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must have attended an accredited LPN program
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years case mix/MMQ experience in MA. Experience in a post acute care setting preferred.
- Experience with RAI/MDS process required
- Must have CRN C Certification (clinical compliance)
Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment. Specific Job Requirements:
Must stay current on nursing trends and developments
- Must be able to accurately relate information concerning patients condition
- Must have advanced knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Cares Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training Essential Functions:
Must be able to utilize CMS, State, and Life Care resources to remain current on regulatory requirements, changes, and updates to Case Mix/MMQ process
- Must be able to be responsible for providing education and training to facility staff regarding any changes or updates to the MMQ process
- Must be able to review documentation for accuracy
- Must be able to be responsible to review Case Mix on a monthly basis with ED and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist (CRS)
- Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language An Equal Opportunity Employer