North Shore Community Health LPN - Vaccine Coordinator in Salem, Massachusetts
LPN - Vaccine Coordinator
Salem, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=47+Congress+Street+Salem+MA+01970)
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone who shares our mission and would like to make a real difference in our community, you are a great candidate for us. North Shore Community Health (NSCH) has an immediate opening for a full time LPN to work at our Salem Family Health Center. Under the direction of the Clinical RN manager, the LPN will work as a vaccine coordinator, assist with management and training of Medical Assistants, and other nursing tasks. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
• Provide outstanding customer service, both to internal and external customers
• In collaboration with RN clinical manager manages vaccine inventory, including but not limited to ordering, maintaining compliance for VFC eligible vaccines, and organization of VIIS as needed for patient care
• In collaboration with the RN clinical manager and provider scheduler, manages daily MA assignments and assures that all medical assistants have completed their competencies
• Provide direct patient care (approximately 25% of the workload) within the scope of the LPN
• Maintains updated inventory of Emergency Medications and supplies
• Assist in the development of clinical policies and patient flow design, with particular attention to protocols around screening and risk stratification.
• Participate in developing the workflow for communication with PCPs
• Document patient encounters within 24 hours in the NSCH EHR (Centricity).
• Ensure documentation is clear, objective and reflects the delivery of safe, quality care.
• Utilize DRVS registries and EHR data to optimize the medical care of patients in treatment for, enhancing preventive care and the ongoing treatment of chronic issues.
• Participates in the orders, hospital discharge and ER tracking
• Delegates assignments such as the cleaning and stocking of exam rooms, quality assurance tests, and ensures completion,
• Completes or delegates, all forms and paperwork from outside agencies as appropriate before sending to the provider for review and signature
• Maintains updated inventory of Emergency Medications and supplies
• Establish and maintain an ongoing positive working relationship with all members of the care team.
• Collaborate with other staff re: pertinent patient issues.
• Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects for care including electronic information.
• Respect patients in substance use treatment and exhibit a supportive, non-judgmental attitude to all patients.
• Contribute to the PCMH based efforts to care for the patient.
• Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate NSCH’s commitment to high quality customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
• Exhibits consistent, high level of attention to detail.
• Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
• Work in Salem site primarily but occasionally demonstrate the flexibility to work at other sites as staffing needs dictate.
• And other assigned duties to support the patient care team
North Shore Community Health’s (NSCH) mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. NSCH’s 140 employees provide comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, substance abuse disorder treatment, nurse care management, and insurance enrollment assistance services. In 2019, NSCH provided services to 13,272 patients in 63,170 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Gloucester, Peabody and Salem Family Health Centers; the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School; and behavioral health only services at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Horace Mann School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans and as a community-based safety net healthcare provider, NSCH welcomes staff who mirror the diversity of our communities and is on the path to becoming an anti-racist employer.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law (“protected class status”). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
• Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
• Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
• Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
• Administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
• Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
• Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com and visit www.nschi.org for more information.
• LPN with current MA license
• Supportive and non-judgmental attitude in regards to dealing with patients in recovery and relapse
• Vaccine management experience strongly preferred with experience in primary care; although initial training and ongoing education will be provided.
• Proven skills and knowledge base necessary for clinical decision making and care delivery.
• Maintains strict adherence to the NSCH Confidentiality policy.
• Incorporates NSCH Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
• Complies with all NSCH personnel policies and procedures.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and prioritization skills.
• Extremely detail-oriented in both verifying own work as well as the work of others.
• Must have reliable transportation to get to other sites and meetings as needed
• Competency in working with Microsoft Office Suite and GE Centricity is a plus