The MENTOR Network Nursing _ Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist _ 3276 in Plymouth, Massachusetts
Massachusetts MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides quality, community-based services to youth and adults. Through our programs we offer a wide range of individualized therapeutic programs; Therapeutic Foster Care and Behavioral Health Services, to serve youth with social, emotional, and behavioral challenges as well as their families.
Responsible for following all medical policies and protocols and for the treatment of all medical
services provided to individuals served.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Examine individuals to determine general physical condition following standard medical procedures
• Consults with outside agencies, referral sources, other professionals as needed
• Maintain clinical files and records for each individual, including initial evaluations, assessments, treatment plans, session notes,
• Transfer and termination summaries and other required documentation
• Order laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluate data obtained
• Determine nature and extent of mental disorder and formulate a treatment program
• Treat and direct treatment of patients utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications
• Provide medication management for individuals served in the clinic
• Responds to emergencies as required
• Maintain contact with clinic and individuals served by checking voicemail and emails daily.
• Adheres to all company policies, administrative directives, and all office and administrative procedures
• Adhere to all therapy guidelines and codes of conduct
• Adhere to provisions of M.G.S. Chapter 119, Section 51A (Mandated Reporter) and reports all occurrences immediately to the clinic and psychiatrist
• Adhere to clinical recommendations from clinical administration
• Maintain confidentiality in all clinical matters
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
• master's or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited National League of Nursing graduate school
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: Currently registered by the Massachusetts Board of Registration
in Nursing and must have a master's or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited National League of Nursing graduate school with two years of full time supervised clinical experience in a multidisciplinary mental-health setting and be eligible for certification as a clinical specialist in psychiatric/mental-health nursing by the American Nursing Association.
Clinical Nurse Specialist: Currently registered by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and must have a master's or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited National League of Nursing graduate school and meets the requirements of 244 CMR 4.13(3): Psychiatric Nurse Mental Health Clinical Specialist and certified as a Clinical Nurse Specialist with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Travel as needed
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case by case basis via the interactive process.
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states , you’ll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The Mentor Network is pleased to be an equal employment employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The MENTOR Network
- The MENTOR Network Jobs