Jordan Hospital Emergency Department Technician in Plymouth, Massachusetts
· Cleans, stocks, and readies the emergency department for care for patients.
· Transports patients within the department and to in-hospital locations as needed.
· Performs clinical functions, like EKG's, suture set-up, assists in wound cleansing as ordered, utilizes sterile technique when necessary, obtains labs specimens: urine and serum, and other tasks as needed.
· Assists in EDMD and Orthopedist by applying splints, molds and immobilizers to injured extremities as ordered and sets up orthopedic clinic.
· Carries out tasks as directed by physicians, nurse director and ED nursing staff.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· Current experience (within last 12 months) as an ED Tech Preferred
· Current Certified Nurse Assistant License, EMT License or graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required or current enrollment in a nursing program with at least 1 year of clinical rotations completed; or a minimum of 2 years current experience as an ED Tech.
· CPI required within 6 months of hire.
· Preference given to those who hold a Paramedic license
· High School Diploma or equivalency required
· American Heart Association BLS Certification required