Jordan Hospital Assistant Clinical Manager, 2 East & ACE Unit in Plymouth, Massachusetts
· Promotes the philosophy, mission, goals and objectives of the institution and nursing department, and serves as a professional role model and mentor to staff. Consistently demonstrates commitment to improvement of the department as well as the organization as a whole.
· Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors, co-workers, physicians and other employees.
· Assists the Clinical Nurse Manager in the preparation and management of the annual operating and capital equipment budgets.
· Participates in recommending a sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide patient care at all times on the patient care unit. Responsible for staffing 24 hours per day.
· Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department including flow, staffing and scheduling.
· Participates in coordinating and integrating patient care services both intra and interdepartmental.
· Assists with maintaining quality control programs for the patient care unit.
· Maintains unit compliance with regulatory and professional standards with all regulatory bodies.
· Assists with human resource activities such as hiring, annual performance evaluations, terminations, and corrective action.
· Participates in the determination of qualifications and competence of nursing personnel and support personnel in the patient care unit.
· Actively participates in developing and implementing policies and procedures that guide and support patient care on the unit.
· Participates in planning, developing and implementing educational programs in collaboration with staff education for staff.
· Participates in orienting and providing in-service training and continuing education for staff in the patient care unit.
· Participates in continuously assessing and improving the performance of care and services provided on the patient care unit.
· Holds staff accountable for adhering to policies and procedures. Provides guidance and counseling to personnel in the department for non-compliance with hospital policies and protocols.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· Three to five years previous/recent medical/surgical nurse experience.
· Three to five years recent charge nurse experience.
· Management and leadership experience required.
· BSN in Nursing is required
· Master degree strongly encouraged
· Current RN Massachusetts License.
· Certification in specialty area preferred.
· Current ACLS and BLS required