North Shore Community Health Registered Nurse -New Grad's welcome to apply! in Peabody, Massachusetts
Registered Nurse -New Grad's welcome to apply!
Peabody, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=89+Foster+Street+Peabody+MA+01960)
Openings in all three locations - Salem, Peabody and Gloucester!
Full-time and Part-time openings
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us.
We have an opening for a Registered Nurse. Under the general direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse will provide direct and indirect nursing care and patient education within the scope of their licensure. The nurse will help manage medication refills and address any other relevant needs of patients in-person and over the phone. They will also provide triage/assessment of patients on the phone and in-person in partnership with the triage nurse team. The Registered Nurse is expected to work in cooperation with the site supervisor, medical director, and other health center team members to foster a safe, effective and positive work environment. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
• Assesses an individual’s basic health status and related patient care needs for patients who call the clinic or who present for scheduled or unscheduled care
• Analyzes and interprets data and making informed judgments related to patient care
• Evaluates outcomes of basic nursing interventions and initiates changes in care plans
• Collaborates and communicates with primary care providers and other care team members to ensure quality and continuity of care, including participation of huddles to help ensure a smooth workday and maximize time with patients in the clinic
• Reviews refill requests from pharmacy and patients based on medication refill protocol; Reconciles patient medication lists and attaches pertinent information necessary for provider to authorize the refill
• Administers immunizations and medications and performs other procedures as needed, including but not limited to: EKGs, suture removals, wound dressing changes, ear irrigations, PPD application and interpretation, and blood pressure checks
• Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all nursing care and patient communication, including phone notes, nursing visit notes and immunization or medication administration documentation
• Completes patient forms to the furthest extent possible when needed within the scope of nursing practice including prior authorization forms
• Provides health education to individuals and families to further patient self-management and self-empowerment and to help patients maintain/sustain an optimal level of health
• Communicates with members of patient’s care team outside of the health center as needed, for instance with specialists or visiting nurses, to help with coordination of care
• Manages vaccination supply and ordering, including proper vaccination storage and handling.
• Uses information about data trends for self-directed learning and performance improvement.
• Provides coverage at other NSCH clinical sites or call center as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
North Shore Community Health (NSCH) offers comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, medication-assisted treatment and enrollment services. In 2019, NSCH provided services to 13,272 patients through 63,170 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Salem Family Health Center, the largest and highest volume site, the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School, Gloucester Family Health Center, Peabody Family Health Center, and behavioral health services only at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Nathaniel Hawthorne School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans. NSCH is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.NSCH.org for more information.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law (“protected class status”). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
• Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
• Base decisions on employment so as to further the prin¬ciples of equal employment opportunity;
• Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
• Administer personnel actions such as compen¬sation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
• Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
• Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.nsch.org for more information.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, current license to practice as an RN in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Current CPR certification
• Ability to function effectively both as a leader and a member of a team as well as a proven ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a culturally-diverse environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Approaches work with an eye for problem-solving and with a positive attitude
• Maintains high level of customer service with both patients and coworkers
• Possesses strong critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize and address many competing demands.
• Must be able to recognize and respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
• Preference will be given to bilingual/bicultural individuals who can speak Spanish and/or Portuguese
• Experience with and proficiency in use of electronic health record
• Strong computer skills required
• Sensitivity/skill in working with patients with complex medical, psychosocial and socioeconomic circumstances such as patients with significant mental illness, homelessness, poverty and substance use disorders
• Ability to travel to other NSCH sites for meetings and periodic clinical coverage is required.
• Some evening and Saturday hours required.