Lahey Health Radiation Therapist in Peabody, Massachusetts
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Radiation Therapist, under the supervision of the Chief Therapist in collaboration with the Manager/Director of Cancer Services, performs according to the policies, philosophy and objectives of the Radiation Oncology Department and the hospital. Works cooperatively with the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Applies principles of basic radiation physics interactions and protection.
2) Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy treatment.
3) Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
4) Administers prescribed or advised by a physician, ointments, drops or lotions specific to the Radiation Therapy.
5) Explains procedures to patients and means of communication during treatment.
6) Prepares room and equipment for patient according to patient set up.
7) Maintains and logs daily treatments in the patient’s records paper chart and ARIA.
8) Possesses knowledge of scheduling and billing procedures proficient in IDX, ARIA, LCMC.
9) Utilizes QA programs to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery.
10) Understands the function of equipment’s, accessories and treatment methods.
11) Maintains and provides annual documentation of required CEC credits for licensure.
12) Participates in the clinical instruction of the RTT students.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be registered by the ARRT (T) in Radiation Therapy. Must be licensed by the State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience required.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is d edicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs