Lahey Health Pharmacy Technician II in Peabody, Massachusetts
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part ofa vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environmentfor all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Supports the mission of the department by ensuring that the right patients receive the right medication in a safe and timely manner. Develops a full understanding of the drug distribution operations in their assigned area and demonstrates competency in carrying out all duties associated with medication distribution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· In conjunction with other technician colleagues and supervisors ensures that all drug distribution functions are completed in a safe and timely manner. Informs pharmacist and/or other supervisors of any workflow issues.
· Repackages and compounds medications, as needed, in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Maintains appropriate inventory levels in area of practice, including rotating stock, checking for expired medications, informing pharmacy buyer when inventory levels are low, and checking in wholesaler order.
· Is responsible for answering telephone calls, triaging the request, and following through with appropriate action.
· Actively participates in continuous performance improvement activities of the department, including providing suggestions on how to improve day-to-day operations
· Demonstrates competency in all required areas for a Pharmacy Technician II. Has completed all required departmental competency requirements
· Technicians are responsible for their own professional development, including registration, certification and continuing education.
· Trains other technician colleagues as assigned by the technician supervisor/manager
· Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
· Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
· Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
· Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
· Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
· Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
· Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be a registered technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy upon hiring and technician must be nationally certified by PTCB (preferred).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job description.
Experience: Minimum of two previous hospital pharmacy/sterile compounding experience for Inpatient Technician. Minimum of two years retail experience for outpatient technician.