North Shore Community Health Dentist in Peabody, Massachusetts
Peabody, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=89+Foster+Street+Peabody+MA+01960)
Full-time, part-time and per diem positions available!
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us. We are currently seeking a Dentist to be an integral part of our team. Under the direction of the Dental Director, the General Dentist provides quality oral health care to the patients of North Shore Community Health. The General Dentist must follow the standards and mission established by North Shore Health Community Health. The General Dentist provides preventative and restorative services in dentistry and promotes optimum oral health. As a team member you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
• Provide direct care to scheduled patients and/or walk-in patients when necessary.
• Diagnose and treat dental disease, injuries and malformations of hard and soft oral tissues and related oral structures.
• Examines patients to determine the nature of the dental condition utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures
• Following all the NSCH Dental policies but not limited to: Emergencies, Prior Approvals, No Show Policy, all Clinical and Scheduling protocols. Chart all existing treatment, dental conditions and treatment plan in Dentrix and order the treatment plan for better communication between clinical and administrative staff for better patient’s care.
• Completion and signature of any forms necessary for patients billing, understanding the different dental insurances basis and meeting the standards and requirements of third- party payors.
• Subject to all standards of productivity established with his/her input by the Health Center or as required by a funding or regulatory agency.
• Provide consultation and collaborate to other Health Center providers and staff.
• Seeks outside advice and consultation as necessary.
• Participate in development of short range and long range dental service plans and objectives.
• Participate in scheduled meetings for case management and general staff.
• Participate in quality improvement activities by the Dental Program and/or the Health Center or as required by a funding or regulatory agency.
• Participate in any contracts in which the Center is engaged with and where his/her services are required, as long as given reasonable notice to consider options.
• Participate in health promotion activities including school screenings, health fairs, and other events sponsored by the Health Center.
• Participate in continuing education programs and in-service training, to maintain licensure and to meet the needs of the patient population.
• Present recommendations to Dental Director and Dental Practice Manager in a respectful manner as appropriate.
• Maintain strict adherence to the NSCH Confidentiality policy including HIPAA guidelines
• Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
• Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
• Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
• Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
• Responsible to supervise dental assistants who are assigned to them.
• Is aware that he/she may be assigned temporarily to a different site location to suit the needs of the Health Center as appropriate.
• Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description.
• All other duties as assigned
North Shore Community Health’s (NSCH) mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. NSCH’s 140 employees provide comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, substance abuse disorder treatment, nurse care management, and insurance enrollment assistance services. In 2019, NSCH provided services to 13,272 patients in 63,170 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Gloucester, Peabody and Salem Family Health Centers; the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School; and behavioral health only services at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Horace Mann School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans and as a community-based safety net healthcare provider, NSCH welcomes staff who mirror the diversity of our communities and is on the path to becoming an anti-racist employer.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law (“protected class status”). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
• Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
• Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
• Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
• Administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
• Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
• Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.nschi.org for more information.
• Doctorate in Dentistry (DMD, DDS) from accredited School of Dentistry
• Commonwealth of Massachusetts Licensure in Dentistry
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a dental practice
• Bi-lingual in Spanish/Portuguese and English strongly preferred
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Experience with Dentrix
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse staff and patients
• Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate NSCH commitment to excellent customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment
• Exhibits consistent, high level of attention to detail
• Ability to be courteous, efficient, effective, and patient in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain strict adherence to the NSCH Confidentiality policy
• Incorporate NSCH Mission and Values into daily activities
• Comply with all NSCH personnel policies and procedures