Lahey Health Coordinator Breast Imaging - Peabody in Peabody, Massachusetts
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under supervision of the Operations Manager, Team Leader, or Assistant Team Leader, the Breast Imaging Coordinator will be responsible for the scheduling of Breast Imaging exams as well as other administrative tasks, including QA measures, to support the smooth work flow of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Greet and properly identify patients
2) Instruct patients to undress for exam and assists when necessary
3) Instruct patients to fill out history form and/or use tablet questionnaire and assist when necessary
4) Provides assistance to patient when necessary: changing, restroom, wheelchair, interpreter services, etc.
5) Escort patients to other appointments within the hospital as needed.
6) Maintain tidy patient waiting room
7) Stock patient educational brochures in waiting room
8) Responsible for various Quality Assurance measures to ensure timely, accurate reporting and patient notification as well as appropriate scheduling and follow-up care.
9) Review patient schedule in advance and investigate appointments with inadequate history and/or mis-bookings
10) Call mis-scheduled patients to reschedule/cancel appointments
11) Create requisition for all patients to include proper history, requesting physician, PCP, and indicate if patient has a same-day follow-up appointment. Research appointment as needed
12) Answer telephones and voicemail. Direct questions to the appropriate manager, technologist, or radiologist.
13) Schedule screening, diagnostic, breast ultrasound, and breast biopsy appointments. Confirm order for all exams except screening
14) Coordinate 6 month follow-up appointments for patients
15) Coordinate Surgical Consult appointments for patients
16) Assist Appointment Office as needed
17) Prepare patient packets in advance to include requisition, order, previous report, outside film request form and result flyer as necessary
18) Facilitate outside interpretation requests
19) Request outside films for comparison and facilitate comparison reading and follow-up exams.
20) Log and tack all outside films that enter department
21) Review Breast Imaging reports and alert radiologist of any discrepancies
22) Enter BIRAD data into Mammography tracking system for Breast Imaging reports
23) Maintain the following QA reports:
a) Extracted Data List
b) Unresolved Follow-up List
c) S List
d) Reminder List
e) No-Show List
24) Call and reschedule all patients with missed appointments
25) Notify all patients who are overdue for their screening mammogram or other breast imaging exam
26) Notify radiologist and/or requesting MD when patient is overdue or refuses recommended breast imaging study
27) Document all patient correspondence in Mammography tracking system
28) Orientate new volunteers
29) Review and mail all patient letters per department protocol
30) Call and schedule appointments for patients needing additional testing or short-term follow up exam
31) Upload Breast Imaging studies from outside facility CDs onto Life Image
32) Assist Breast Imaging Radiologists as needed
33) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
34) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
35) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
36) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
37) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
38) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
39) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
40) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
41) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires excellent communication skills required to interface with patients and all levels of personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Knowledge of personal computers. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year of customer service experience, six months personal computer experience.
Key Words: Hospital, Scheduling, Administrative, Medical Office, Appointments, Customer Service, Part-Time, Medical Terminology, Peabody, MA
20 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs